Wednesday, December 20, 2017

What is your's to carry?

I found this quote today.

"I wonder how much of what weighs me down is not mine to carry"

A lot has been happening in our "society" as of lately. Bickering, arguing, discussions, bills being passed or not passed, etc. I have to be a good citizen and try (as much as I may hate it) to watch the news and see what is going on. What's currently being decided and how it's being handled makes me think that people choose or react to things to get on a "power trip" Manipulation, greed and selfishness is all part of it. There is no thought of other people, the environment or the future. Just...what can I get RIGHT NOW?

I admit, I am not the perfect citizen. I did not vote in this last election and honestly, I don't think I've ever voted. I do not stay informed and I focus on myself and my family. Sounds like I'm being a hypocrite from what I just said earlier in the above paragraph. My justification for that is, I choose how I react to people and events that will benefit me and my family. I contribute to whatever charity I can (whether public or giving a friend a gift they cannot afford). I am a positive person (for the most part) and I expel my energy on people everyday hoping it makes a difference. I live by the golden rule: Treat others the way you want to be treated. I try my best not to judge and I'm kind. My profession makes people physically, mentally and emotionally better which I feel contributes more so than many other things.

I get very frustrated and emotional at how people treat other people and what goes on in the news. Even now, writing this post, I'm getting emotional. So, going back to the quote up above, what is not mine to carry? What is not your's to carry? I think we should all think about this when we choose to make a decision and react to certain things. I feel that if I'm a good person, I try hard everyday and I put out good energy for everyone, that good energy will makes it's way around and will eventually come back to me. I just wish others would do this too. What is your's to carry?


No comments:

Post a Comment